Creating A Good Undergraduate Dissertation Questionnaire: Tips And Tricks
One of the major parts of your dissertation will be the questionnaire. The main goal of this section is to find the questions that need to be asked about your subject to help you create a good study. This is an important part that many students struggle with. Here are some tips and tricks to help make sure that you write a successful undergraduate dissertation questionnaire that will serve its purpose.
- Your questionnaire should not be unorganized or have little to do with your research work. It should not be offensive or insensitive either. You need to make sure that the questions don’t contradict other questions as well.
- The questions should start out very general and then become more and more specific. You would start by asking if they like cereal and then start asking what brands they like and finally the specific cereal names they enjoy.
- The question should have a logical flow as well. One question should follow the last one and it makes sense. Don’t jump all around. The person completing the quiz should almost feel like they know what question you are going to ask next because it makes sense to ask that question next.
- The questions should start with a focus on factual questions and then move to opinion questions. The first questions have to start asking questions that establish a fact and then the opinions would come next.
- Your questions need to be free of bias. That means that they can’t persuade them to answer in a certain way. You would not want the question to influence the answers in any way.
- You will want to use open ended questions that require more information for most of the questions that you ask. There are only a few times when you may want to limit the responses and use a closed ended question. In a closed ended question, your audience can only answer yes or no. This is not helpful for most studies. Make sure that you format your questions correctly to warrant more than a yes or no answer. For example:
Do you like to go to the movies? (Closed)
What do you like to do for fun with your friends? (Open)
You can see that the only answer to the first question is yes or no and the second question opens it up for many different answers.
Copyright © JewishCouncil.info. All Rights Reserved.